Kennesaw family photographer {before and after Friday}

Well, here it is....Friday again! Time again for before and after Friday :) I have chosen another outdoor shot since it is HOT and sunny here in Georgia right now. This is from a family session back in April. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
With every picture I take, I start out with my RAW file. For this picture, I opened it up in ACR(Adobe Camera RAW). There, I adjusted the white balance, and upped the blacks a bit since I wanted a bit more contrast and I wanted the colors to pop a bit. After my initial edits in ACR, I pulled it into CS3. Once there, I used a curves layer to further adjust the contrast and to "defog" my image. I used a selective color adjustment layer and bumped the neutral colors in the blacks a bit to pop the color a bit more. Then I used the burn tool to selectively burn the rocks and used the sponge tool to bring out some of the color in the rocks. I then used the burn tool around the edges of my subjects so they stood out some from the background. Finally, I ran this particular image through noiseware as it had some noise from using a higher ISO. I used an unsharp mask and saved. There you have it! Any questions? I will answer as best as I can without revealing my secrets ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment