Daisykey Photography {before and after Friday}

Happy Friday!

Ok, I am going to push myself to blog more ;) So, I will start what I will call {before and after Friday}. I will pull one of my pictures(or maybe even one of yours) and post my SOOC(straight out of camera) shot next to my edited shot. I will list a quick explanation of how I accomplished my edit. As always, it is VERY important to get your focus right in camera because even if you edit and out of focus shot, it will still be out of focus even after sharpening. If you want tips on how to achieve better focus, be on the lookout for my "momtography" class which I will host sometime this fall. This is from a before prom session that I had this spring.

I adjusted exposure and did a custom white balance in ACR(Adobe Camera RAW) using a picture of my gray kard. I also upped the blacks to add a bit of contrast. I then pulled it into Adobe Photoshop CS3. I used a curves layer to lift the "fog" off of the picture. I used the sponge tool to bring out some of the red in the bricks and used another curves layer to adjust here skin color so that it was more realistic and warm and matched the afternoon sun that we had. I selectively darkened around her so that she stood out from the wall a bit more. I also ran an unsharp mask on the entire photo to sharpen it a little. Voila!

0 comments:

Post a Comment